So, this is officially my first blog, In fact I have no idea what I am doing, but hopefully I will learn along the way and with your help 🙂 So as everyone knows, Christmas is apporaching, and most of you love this season( I know i do). I feel this is a topic well worth speaking about……With that being said, let’s talk about how to make your home look ‘Christmassy’ in 20 minutes on a budget! How about a challenge.. are you up for it?
OK, so everyone who knows me, knows that Christmas is my favorite time of the year, the music, the snow, the cinnamon cents, hot cocoa, decorating, gingerbread men, and how could i forget the Hallmark movies!
You see, For the last 2 years I haven’t been all that ‘Christmassy’ shall i say, Been a tough few years. So this year I’m back in the festive spirits.. I am not a huge fan of red, so I usually decorate with the golds, creams, whites and even some teal. So, basically the Nordic look. This year however, I chose to add some red and get with the program!
So here are my tips on how to Christmasify your home:
1. Get poinsettias plants
2. Buy or make Santa hats & use small bottles of water to hold them up(will post photos)
3. Hang up Xmas stockings
4. Go collect pinecones from your area and put them in a vase
5. Put used orange peels, cinnamom sticks in a pot of water and boil to make your house smell fragrant.
6. My favorite thing as far as scents go, I buy peppermint essentail oil, I use it 2 ways, i put some peppermint in an oil burner or i put 4 drops in a spray bottle with water and spray away. it’s safe and smells like candy canes!
7. Use any extra ornaments as decor, in bows, dishes, vases, or even hanging from the ceiling.
8. Throw on some red pillow cases for the sofa
9. If your’e on a budget, make your own ornaments.I will elave some recipes below.
10. make Stocking hooks. I made mine from scrap wood, nails and twine! (See below)
Voila! Your home should feel just like Christmas!